Circuits Support Team Leader
Yorkshire North & East Methodist District
An exciting opportunity for a visionary and strategic leader to help shape the development and flourishing of the mission of the Yorkshire North and East District.
To lead the Circuits Support Team in providing developmental support to circuits in line with the District’s vision. This includes supporting circuits as they pursue “Our Calling” and develop ‘flourishing missional communities’ by offering help to overcome particular challenges (for example around governance, staffing ‘shortages’) and to respond positively to the opportunities that arise as churches and circuits seek to fulfil their vision.
- Offer spiritual and practical encouragement and support to circuits in responding positively to opportunities for development and growth as they seek to fulfil their mission.
- Support circuits in dealing with challenges in fulfilling Governance responsibilities (such as difficulties in recruiting key officeholders.)
- Respond to needs as they arise for temporary ministerial staffing support, due to illness or other unanticipated absences.
- Provide leadership to other members of the Circuits Support Team, including line management, to ensure that the Team is effective in working cohesively to support the vision of the District.
- Liaise closely with the District Chair, District Leadership Team, and other District Officeholders to ensure that work is well-communicated and managed efficiently.
- Any other reasonable duties identified by the Line Manager/Chair of District within the post holders’ capabilities and in line with the needs of the District’s vision.
- Circuit Superintendents and Circuit Leadership Teams
- District Officers
- District Leadership Team
- Learning Network
- Hours of Work: 37 per week
- Contract: Full-time, 5 year FTC
- Rate of Pay: £30-£33k per annum (For ordained applicants Methodist minister standard terms and conditions would apply)
- Next Steps: Email email@example.com for an application pack. (if you would like an informal conversation about the role before making an application please contact Leslie Newton, Chair of District via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Closing Date for Applications: 10th June 2022
- Date of Interview: 20th June 2022
"In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 it is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian."