Christian Graduate Programme in Software Development
The Worship.Works Graduate Programme is seeking Christian graduates who want to begin their professional career within the commercial business sector, whilst also putting Christ at the centre of their work life. You will be placed within our partner organisation and will work closely with a team of like-minded Christians from a range of Christian backgrounds. The team operates in the workplace in the power of the Holy Spirit, serving clients who are among the world’s largest in their field, and impacting people, systems and nations through their work.
A full-time graduate programme in software development.
Through a detailed training programme, you will be equipped with the practical skills necessary to thrive in the professional world, whilst also contributing to the day-to-day activities of the organisation. Your growth as a disciple of Jesus will be prioritised with the provision of valuable spiritual input through mentoring and biblical teaching sessions, in order to support you in understanding how to truly serve God through your work.
Graduates will work alongside experienced members of the team, working on developing a new platform to support the business.
Please see below for details of key activities of all graduates within the technology team programme:
- Taking part in daily team corporate prayer sessions.
- Receiving regular support from your assigned mentor.
- Participating in daily standup, company and scrum team meetings.
- Developing software, including automated testing
- Contributing to design, code reviews and technical requirements
- Working with the Product Owner and experienced developers on solutions
- Exposure to devops, IaC and CI/CD
Applicants should hold at least a 2:2 in a recent bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science.
Required skills and attributes:
- A passion to serve Christ in every area of life, including in the workplace.
- A desire to learn and grow and a willingness to work hard.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency when working in collaboration with others.
- Software development skills in Java and/or web application development
- Understanding of databases, networking and cloud based services
- Appreciation of software development practices and techniques
- Experience with using software development tools such as IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Git, Gradle, Curl, Shell, etc
Location: Your daily work will be based in the core team office in Maidstone, Kent. (5 days a week in the office for the first 3 months, then moving to a hybrid office/home working model from then onwards.)
Term: 12 months, with high anticipation of a permanent role thereafter
Usual working hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £23,793, with the opportunity for salary progression within the programme
Programme start date: Monday 5th September 2022
There is a genuine occupational requirement for applicants to have an active personal commitment to the Christian faith (permitted under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).
Applicants must be UK citizens or already have the right to work in the UK. Applicants in possession of a Student visa will be considered.
For more details please visit https://worship.works/grad-tech