Seasonal General Assistant (x3)
Urban Saints Westbrook is a residential centre suitable for church, youth and school groups, set in 18 acres of mixed parkland near Ryde, on the beautiful Isle of Wight. Groups have the option to stay in the Main House or camping in the grounds and have access to a range of meeting and eating spaces plus a whole load of activities across the site.
Urban Saints Westbrook provides a safe and fun environment, founded on Christian beliefs so that young people have the opportunity to form genuine and lasting relationships. The centre will also provide a place where they can express their faith and have the tools to learn more about it.
The overarching purpose of this role will be to assist in the delivery of activities on-site for residents and day visitors, as well as other duties associated with the day to day running of the centre at Westbrook.
Salary Range: £9.50 - £10.80 per hour (depending on knowledge, skills and experience)
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours a week)
Contract: Fix term until the 30th of September 2022, starting as soon as possible
Location: Urban Saints Westbrook Centre, Oakhill Road, Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33 1PU
- Assisting with various activities on-site for residents and day visitors, such as bushcraft, laser tag, orienteering, paintball, etc., as required. • General office duties, including:
- Answering the telephone
- General administration
- Dealing with new and existing bookings
- Data input
- To assist the Grounds and Maintenance Team with any and all of the general maintenance and improvement programmes and projects at the Westbrook Centre and grounds, as required.
- To assist with domestic duties as maybe required, including such things cleaning of rooms, changing rooms, dining rooms, swimming pool, toilets.
- The role will involve some weekend and evening working.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and level of the post.
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team delivering a good experience to all residents and day visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Working as part of a team
- Assisting with maintenance and other activities
- Experience in hospitality, or an activity/ residential centre
- Work with a charity
- Running activities
Skills and Abilities
- A helpful and positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Able to provide grounds and general building maintenance
- Eager to learn
- Able to assist in activities for young people and adults
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for a wide range of skills across the team at Westbrook, which could include:
- Able to use MS Office
- Support of IT hardware and software
- Swimming pool – lifeguard or pool management
- Statutory compliance testing (lights, fire, PAT, etc.)
- Minibus driver
- Media and marketing
- Environmental conservation
All applicants must be committed to the aims, ethos and values of Urban Saints.
We highly value a diverse and inclusive team and are committed to an equitable work environment where every person is set up to thrive. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and give us strength in the work that we do. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For further information about the role, including how to apply, please download the information pack below.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd of May 2022, however, we reserve the right to close applications before this date if a suitable candidate is found.
PLEASE NOTE: Urban Saints is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to remain and work in the UK. For more information, visit: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
All job offers will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS.