Worship Team Leader
Upton Vale Baptist Church
Job Title: Worship Team Leader
Salary: £29,000 - £30,000 (FTE)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, permanent (we are open to exploring how the role could either be part-time or combined with other areas of ministry)
About Upton Vale Baptist Church
Thank you for your interest in our Worship Team Leader role - this is a new post for us here at Upton Vale which we are very excited about.
Upton Vale’s purpose is to help people join the dots between who Jesus is and how we live, and our vision is a community of people being changed by Jesus to bring change to the world. Like most churches, we’ve found the last two years of the pandemic have been a significant challenge, but we are gathering again with a renewed sense of purpose and mission as we seek to be God’s people in our community.
Upton Vale Baptist Church is a large and lively church of all ages. Its current 351 members form a welcoming, caring and inclusive intergenerational church family, drawn from across Torbay and beyond.
- To build and develop a team who craft worship gatherings that help people join the dots between what we believe and how we live.
- To oversee and lead our musical worship at Upton Vale.
- To build a team who encourage and produce all types of creative resources which support and enrich our Discipleship Culture.
- To contribute to the leadership of the Church by serving as a Core Team member.
- A transparent and joyful love for Jesus
- Someone who draws on the various streams of the Christian tradition to worship Jesus
- A passion to see people encounter Jesus in worship and grow as disciples
- A longing to see people outside of the church reached through digital media
- A motivated, energetic and happy person who loves working with and developing others
- A creative innovator who works well in a team
- A self-starter who can effectively prioritise and organise
- Faithful and resilient, someone who is used to seeing through their commitments
The post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
Any offer of a contract will also be subject to the satisfactory completion of an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you wish to apply, please email your cv to email@example.com.
We don’t have a closing date for applications as we plan to interview suitable candidates as they apply.
If you would like to have an informal conversation with Andy, our Senior Minister, before you apply, please contact the office on 01803 400403, to arrange a chat with him.