Mission Engagement Worker
Transform Europe Network
Mission Engagement Worker
Transform Europe Network (TEN) exists today to partner with Christians in the Balkans and Eastern Europe to share the gospel and see lives transformed. TEN currently works in 10 countries supporting around 50 churches and projects. We do this through empowering, equipping, resourcing, and supporting our partners in their ministries of compassion, evangelism and church planting. Check out www.ten-uk.org for more information.
TEN is at an exciting point of growth. We are looking to develop our team. We are inviting applications for the position of Mission Engagement Worker at Transform Europe Network. We need someone with the right skills but most importantly, the right character. If you think you have the skills we are looking for, a desire to play your part in God's plan for the world and you are interested in the role then please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
The aim of this role is two-fold: To help TEN engage a new generation of mission-hearted and minded people. To support the administrative function of the TEN team in serving partners and supporters.
Salary £18,000-£20,000 + 7% employers pension contribution (subject to the employee also contributing 3%)
35 hours per week (full-time)
Duration: Initial two-year contract with the hope that the role will become permanent
Location: Opportunity for office and home working
We are looking for someone who:
- Will be committed to the vision of TEN to work alongside Christians to see lives transformed in the Balkans and Eastern Europe
- Has experience of, and an interest in, overseas Christian mission
- Has experience of working with young people and / or students
- Has experience of public speaking in a church context
- Can work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Has excellent organisation and administration skills
- Is computer literate and confident with social media
Key tasks will include:
- Always looking for ways to further the Christian mission of TEN in all interactions
- Prayerful reliance on God in engaging those who are under 30
- Applying a Christian mind and attitude to the role, particularly with regard to Christian principles of unity and partnership
- Building new links and relationships with UK churches and student groups
- Representing TEN at church and Christian events
- Supporting the work of the Partners Officer in communicating with our partners in Europe
- Providing administrative support to the TEN team in the office
- Taking an active role in the spiritual life of the charity, participating in corporate prayer and worship as part of daily / weekly activities
In order to perform this role, it is essential that the post holder is in full sympathy with the aims and goals of TEN. To that end he/she must be a committed Christian (able to agree with the organisation’s statement of faith) and able to fully participate in spiritual activities whilst carrying out the responsibilities of Mission Engagement Worker.
If you think this is a role that would be of interest to you, please request the application form from Naomi as soon as possible at email@example.com
Application deadline is Monday 6th June. Interviews Wednesday 13th July.