Haven Project Leader
Open Door Exmouth
- Lead and develop the Haven project, with the aim to support children and young people experiencing issues with their mental health, in collaboration with key individuals such as families, carers and teachers as appropriate
- Deliver evidence-based interventions to children and young people, enabling them to identify their goals and work towards them
- Equip children and young people with strategies that improve mental and emotional wellbeing
- Liaise with appropriate statutory and non-statutory organisations and schools and signpost where appropriate.
- Engage children and young people with passion and creativity; capturing their voices and empowering them to overcome the challenges they face through collaboration and community action
- Lead and manage a team of staff and volunteers to deliver services
Applicants must have:
- At least two years’ experience of working with children and young people 1:1 and in groups
- Knowledge and experience of supporting young people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Experience of capturing young people’s voices and opinions to shape a service/project
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding children and young people
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Experience of managing a team of people and resources
- Experience of project management including monitoring and evaluation
- Confident communication skills
It is a genuine occupational requirement that applicants for this role have a personal commitment to the Christian faith. Open Door's services are offered to any person who can benefit from them, without regard to gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical and mental capability. Christian faith will not be imposed on anyone accessing these services.
For an application pack, please contact Open Door: email@example.com
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date is 27th May with interviews w/c 6th June. We can be flexible on the start date for the right person.