The Message Trust
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Head of Fleet & Facilities to develop strategies for improved cost efficiency across the fleet
- Ensuring that a fleet of vehicles is operating in accordance with legislation and regulations
- Communicating with Insurance Brokers and organising the appropriate insurance for drivers and vehicles
- Assisting with the drafting and implementation of effective policies and processes regarding fleet operations
- Managing strict vehicle maintenance and servicing schedules to minimise downtime
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of vehicle inspections and services
- Monitoring fleet costs and ensuring that they remain within budget
Secondary Duties and responsibilities
Working with the rest of the Fleet & Facilities team on department-wide work where needed. – Help with maintaining Facilities and Health & Safety systems
Essential Skills and Experience
- Have experience in fleet management
- Solid writing skills to produce clear and effective documentation and reports
- Proficiency in relevant software programmes, including databases and spreadsheets
- Good analytical skills to effectively analyse fleet data and draw accurate conclusions
- Excellent organisational skills to cope with a fast-changing environment and multiple concurrent tasks
- Solid negotiation skills to successfully handle purchases and contracts
- Knowledge of relevant environmental and safety laws and regulations
- Identification with The Message Trust’s Statement of Values and Ethos
- Personal integrity and commitment to working as part of a team
- The post-holder will be expected to enter fully into The Message Trust team life, including morning prayers, monthly prayer days and evening prayer meetings
Any information relating to people contacted by the Trust acquired in the course of duty must be treated in strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
Any information relating to staff acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the strictest confidence and must be discussed only with senior staff members or with the line manager.
All Message staff are set a personal fundraising target. We ask that the successful applicant has a minimum of £75 per month of regular financial support before commencing employment increasing to £125 per month by the end of the 3-month probation period and aims to add one a month after that. Training and support will be given to help you achieve this. Staff are also expected to organise and take part in, at least one fundraising or other sponsored event annually.
This job description is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
The successful candidate for this post may be asked to apply for a DBS check. Further information about the Disclosure scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barringservice-check/overview.
It is an occupational requirement that the post-holder must be a committed Christian who believes in the Lordship of Christ and the authority of scripture, and who wants to see the Christian message communicated effectively.
For more information and to check out our website please click HERE.