Chief Operations Officer
At KICK, we are motivated to see a generation of young people who will reach their God given potential; where communities have been socially impacted; and where spiritual change has transformed a nation. Our mission is to transform young people’s lives, with God's love, through sport and support. We do this through values-driven physical education, street dance, mentoring, chaplaincy in schools and community KICK Academies to impact a sense of hopelessness and give them a hope for the future and a joy in the present.
KICK work in Infant, Primary, Secondary, Pupil Referral Units, Private and Special Schools to deliver the following services with Christian values embedded throughout every session: -
PE National Curriculum - Transformational Street Dance
- Solutions Focused Mentoring - Schools based Chaplaincy
In all that we do we seek to live out our values to encourage young people to be aspirational, to be compassionate in all circumstances, to deliver excellent quality sessions, and to be intentional in building relationships and sharing the gospel with young people every day and to show integrity in our decision making at all times. KICK are currently working with over 90 schools and have established 24 KICK Academies. Our staff team has more than doubled over the last 2 years with KICK now employing over 70 staff. As an organisation we are engaging with over 20,000 young people every week and come closer to achieving our mission as we reach more and more young people
To direct and oversee the core operations of KICK aligned with the goals and strategies in place. The role will heavily involve growing KICK's work across schools, churches and communities across the country through developing processes and systems to ensure that KICK grows sustainably, improves efficiency and productivity. The role will manage finance functions within KICK such as managing budgets, developing high level reporting, chasing debtors, expenses and staff payments with the support of the Finance Officer. They will be responsible for writing new fundraising applications and seeking new opportunities of funds applicable to the work of KICK. They will also report to existing funders and re-apply for on-going funding pots where KICK have previously been successful to ensure KICK have met and accurately made the impact agreed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Overseeing and taking a lead in planning for future budgets in line with the KICK strategy as well as managing the operations to budget on an annual basis.
• Developing finance reporting and projections for the organisations growth.
• Reviewing efficiencies that can be made by the organisation.
• Chasing debtors, paying expenses and staff payments with the support of the HR Manager and Finance Officer.
• Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer to support with the vision and strategic plans of KICK particularly as KICK grow into new areas of the UK.
• Evaluating organisation performance and recommend strategies to improve results and outcomes.
Systems and Processes
· Full line management of operational managers and responsible for team performance.
· Collaborating and empowering the management team and other stakeholders to improve operations and performance internally.
• Assessing and enhancing the efficiency of both internal and external processes.
• Establishing policies that improve and promote company vision, mission and culture.
• Identifying or sourcing effective IT systems to ensure efficient processes.
• Accountable for Directorate performance ensuring tight controls of finances, resources and contracts to meet budget, targets and outcomes.
• Writing funding bids to a high standard for both small and large funding opportunities.
• To develop and oversee the delivery of the KICK fundraising strategy, sourcing new contacts, strategic partners and introducing the Chief Executive Officer to potential major donors.
• Meeting the annual targets set within the fundraising strategy. Please note the target for 2021/2022 is £140,000.
• Develop expertise and sector knowledge on best practice to help shape and support fundraising decisions and activities across the organisation.
• Collaborating with other Managers at KICK to gather key information for funding bids when required.
• Write high quality fundraising reports which provide accurate information in line with the criteria set.
• Support with the data capture of the impact KICK is making across the four services delivered.
- Degree in Business Administration or industry relevant equivalent.
- Proven experience in a senior executive role.
- Experience of strategic planning and business development.
- Has broad practical experience across multiple professional disciplines, combining theory & past practical experience for KICK’s practices with particular focus on IT, Fundraising and/or finance.
- Experience of Identifying new opportunities, considering market forces and customer needs.
- Experience of complex and multi-dimensional problem solving whilst having a clear knowledge of the options, impacts, risks when suggesting a resolution.
- Experience of accountability for Directorate performance ensuring tight controls of finances, resources and contracts to meet budget, targets and outcomes.
- Experience of communicating with senior executive leadership in matters of strategic importance. The applicant should have the ability to influence internal and external partners to understand and accept concepts, practices and approaches of the job area.
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding written and communication skills.
- A good understanding of IT packages and systems.
- A forward thinker with the ability to be proactive in improving current activities and processes.
- Ability to empower, motivate and lead others through supporting teams to succeed, investing in the capabilities of staff and providing clear feedback.
- Effective in ability to delegate and matrix manage Directorate
- Ability to show responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes whilst keeping a firm focus on priority management.
- Rapidly responsive and clear in personal communications
• The Desire to own, guards and deepens KICK’s Christian ethos. Desire to see our vision to reach a generation of young people within a generation of time realised.
• Able to take the initiative and be a self-starter.
• Passionate to see young people and staff progress and achieve their full potential.
• Collaborative worker who can manage stakeholder communications effectively.
• Clear Enhanced DBS.
For more information or to view the full job description please contact email@example.com