Youth & Families Worker
Hours: 40 per week, (Flexible hours including Sundays)
Salary: £25,000- £30,000 (DOE)
Holiday: 25 days + Bank Holidays (Rising to 28 days after 5 yrs, 30 days after 10 yrs)
Location: The Living Room, High Street Cowley, Uxbridge, UB8 2HE
Purpose & Context
Crown Church is a multicultural church, made up of people from over 60 nationalities. This role will support and grow the youth ministries across the Church.
With a growing number of 11-18 year olds in the church, this role will support and develop this exciting ministry area at Crown. Crown currently has some good work in place supported by passionate volunteer teams, including Friday nights youth club, a Sunday morning programme, a 16-18 year discipleship group and a crowd of 60 youth heading to the Newday festival. This role will strengthen the existing structure but will help grow our youth ministry by developing opportunities to introduce youth to the Christian faith, provide encouraging discipleship contexts and support their flourishing as they engage in the world around them.
- Leading the development of youth work at Crown Church
- Facilitating and developing programmes that support our youth to reach out to their peers; explore faith; become Christians; grow in their faith; engage and serve in the local church and beyond.
- Developing and leading the volunteer leadership teams; helping coordinate meetings, training and coaching
- Supporting the recruitment and training of volunteer workers
- Developing an exciting programme for 11-16 year olds as part of Crown’s Sunday service; ensure volunteer teams are well supported and have all the necessary materials to carry out their roles effectively.
- Create ongoing contexts that are fun and foster friendship with one another and rapport with youth leadership teams.
- Developing small groups and discipleship contexts
- Organising, promoting and attending the Newday summer camp for youth and developing a weekend away in the winter/spring
- Supporting the pastoral leaders in Crown by helping care for families and youth across the church; including the organisation of parenting courses
- Work alongside leaders in the church to integrate youth into the whole of the church, including serving on teams and developing key Sundays that connect youth with the wider church.
- Support the development of safe practices for the care of youth; helping ensure all workers have a valid DBS check and are educated in safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding lead for 11-18 years and attending safeguarding team meetings
- Developing strategies to communicate with youth and that help inform and involve parents in what is taking place
- Support the creation of excellent connections and pathways for Year 6 pupils moving into youth and for 18 year olds moving on from youth.
- Represent Crown Church in other youth settings locally and nationally where appropriate
- Effectively manage the youth budget
- The nature of a small office team means you may be required to do other tasks or roles to support the overall ministry of the church
- It is an occupational requirement that the post holder be a committed Christian and become a member of Crown Church
Training & Development
- Monthly supervision with James Hunting
- Committed Christian with mature character and willingness to be a committed member of Crown Church
- Easy to relate to and at ease building relationships in a cross cultural context
- Experience of working with youth
- Experience in leading and organising teams
- Evidence of proactive administrative skills in the workplace
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is able to take initiative
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles
- Evidence of strong literacy and communication skills
- Know what fun looks like for 11-18 year olds
- Able to lead yourself well and be an encouragement in your Christian walk to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with a range of people including youth and parents.
- Commitment to developing inclusive practice so that all youth can be encouraged to engage in activities.
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Personal qualities including teamwork skills, organisational skills, passion, creativity and empathy.
- Experience of working in a volunteer led organisation
- Experience of serving in a church youth work as a volunteer
- Driving license
To apply please send a copy of your CV with a filled in copy of the Candidate Bio details form to firstname.lastname@example.org