xRhythms Content Controller
An incredible opportunity now exists for someone who loves Jesus, loves the teenage generation, and loves the tools of contemporary media (in that order!), to take on the day to day management of our teenage targeting ministry, xRhythms. Including: the just launched XR DAB radio station; the online xRhythms website complete with Visual Radio Player, Music & Lifestyle Blogs and Vlogs; the social media platforms; and a team of contributors.
xRhythms also carries a uniquely new Visual Radio station with vlogs and blogs created by young people, for young people. Our content covers everything relevant to a young person, such as lifestyle, mental health, hobbies, education, music, and ambition.
We seek to:
- Positively transform the lives of young people by sharing uplifting entertainment
- Speak openly about the issues that affect our day-to-day living from a Christian worldview
- Offer help with social, emotional and spiritual issues that young people face daily
- Raise up an army of media missionaries!
Using vlogs, blogs, interviews, articles, music videos, and other types of video content, we explore these issues and offer comprehensive advice that others can relate to.
Similarly, we point them towards other organisations who can help and support them in their well-being. We've looked through YouTube and found great videos created by other influencers that we've enjoyed watching. Their messages were very powerful to us, and so we share the best of their videos with others through our Visual Radio station.
Along with this, music is also a big part of our lives. On our Visual Radio station, we share music videos by artists who produce uplifting and relatable songs. We regularly post list articles and update our Spotify playlists with their songs, so you can follow us and keep up with their life-changing tunes.
We work with a fantastic group of young contributors who desire to see this positive change in the lives of other young people. We continuously empower this group of bloggers, journos, and video producers, to share their hearts and message with others through media.
Manage the operational team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project’s objectives, as agreed with Executive Management. This will include but not be limited to:
- Recruit radio contributors and help train them, and manage them and their contributions.
- Manage and train video editors
- Manage website article and video delivery from life contributors
- Manage website article and video delivery from music contributors and/or music editor
- Recruit and help train music and life contributors who submit written content and manage them and their contributions.
- Recruit video contributors and help train them, and manage them and their contributions.
- Work with the CR music editorial department and build good lines of communication and synergy across the ministry.
Ensure management of office and staff is conducted in accordance with the company’s approved management systems and protocols.
Take the lead (pioneer) and/or manage future additional staff for all activities delivered by the project, ensuring time and budget targets are met. This will include but not be limited to:
- Curate videos from YouTube for Visual Radio Player and xRhythms YouTube channel playlists.
- Edit videos recorded by yourself and sent in from contributors.
- Record video interviews in person or on Skype.
- Record other video content vlogs/reviews.
- Create video list articles for the music and life section of the xRhythms website.
- Edit and upload music and life written content from contributors onto xRhythms website, including sourcing images/videos/gifs.
- Curate content for the XR DAB Radio station.
- Manage xRhythms social media accounts, initially Instagram and YouTube. (Uploading xRhythms own videos and creating playlists on YouTube channel. Create/obtain/take photos and images for Instagram and manage uploading schedule).
- Help create written content for music and life sections of the website if required.
Proactively seek opportunities to extend the scope of delivery or the project. Build external relationships with outside partners e.g. YouTube content curators, other youth organisations and churches. This can open a variety of opportunities including promotional opportunities, recruitment of contributors, dialogue on mutually beneficial strategy.
Be the operational point of contact for relevant partners, and work to coordinate the aims of the project with other appropriate initiatives.
Represent xRhythms at events/speak in churches/man exhibition stands. Work with CR Fundraising department when opportunities arise.
Identify and pursue new opportunities for extending the range, benefits and income of the project.
Work with CR Marketing to promote the project to stakeholders/audience/users/supporters/ partners, and help ensure that appropriate messages about the project’s activities and achievements are delivered.
Ensure that the Executive Management are briefed on operational activities, (including opportunities, threats, and all matters of consequence) weekly by way of face-to-face meetings or report updates.
Arrange for, attend and contribute to Board meetings as required.
Monitor and manage the performance of the project against overall Business Plan and seasonal action plans.
Help contribute to shaping the future xRhythms vision/ideas along with the Executive Management.
Note: The above list is not in order of priority, and other tasks commensurate with the grade of the post may be required of the post-holder
- Passion, desire and commitment to serve God and the kingdom of God; and a sense of ‘calling’ to the role.
- Passion for the target audience (UK teenagers) and the xRhythms project/vision
- Leadership and some experience of direct management of people/contractors/contributors
- Evidence of previous project management
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under the leadership of the Executive Management
- Ability to manage complex relationships with partners
- Proven tenacious leadership style
- Ability to work with professionalism, character and integrity at all times.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible working including some out of hours and travel
Spiritual Growth – The Cross Rhythms workplace is an environment that actively values the process of spiritual discipleship as God works in a believer’s life. A desire for personal spiritual growth is key.
Strong Personal Discipline – As the xRhythms lead person, the Content Controller needs to demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour and witness to others at all times. This means being a positive influence on others, through humility, honesty and truthfulness whilst demonstrating character in how they walk out their faith and execute their responsibilities.
Player Adaptability – This role requires the ability to handle varied and detailed information, balance multiple tasks and respond quickly to situations and be able to work within a changing environment.
Team Player – Working cooperatively with Executive Management, contributors and others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance the effectiveness of the project is vital.
Decision making - The xRhythms Content Controller needs to support the business and staff by quickly assessing situations as to their importance, risks and urgency and lead the business by making clear and timely decisions in the best interests of the organisation.
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 21st January 2022