Head of Youth
As a church, God has called us to pursue a long-term vision of the ever-increasing in-breaking of His Kingdom into life as we know it: Transforming our lives, churches, communities and land into the breathtaking beauty of the glory of Heaven. We are seeing a crescendo of signs, demonstrations and the evidence of changed lives that indicate to us that God is powerfully on the move.
We are looking to discern God’s key leader to guide and shape the youth ministry from its exciting existing foundation to the next level - translating and releasing the vision and strategic priorities of the Church into the sphere of young people.
We are dreaming for a generation of young people to run with the Kingdom further and higher than we can even imagine, and to equip them to reshape and lead the Church for decades to come. We aspire for thousands of young people to encounter Jesus, be radically changed, and join His movement releasing the Kingdom of Heaven across Sussex and beyond.
To ensure the regular running of all Chanctonbury Youth Programmes:
- Sunday mornings (weekly) - a time to encounter Jesus and discover more of His truth, nature, character and presence.
- Set the Fire (monthly Sunday evenings) - a space for young people to encounter God and unite together in worship and prayer.
- Younger Girls Midweek Group (fortnightly Tuesdays evenings // School Years 7-9) - a space for the young people to grow heavenly relationships, pursue Jesus and develop intimacy with the Father.
- Younger Boys Sunday Sports Group - boys aged 8-14 can come and play football or frisbee, followed by a meal in the church, fellowship, teaching and prayer.
- Older Youth (fortnightly Friday evenings // School Years 10-13) - a space for the older young people to be mobilised in their faith and grow in their giftings as they lead times of worship, talks and prayer ministry.
- To grow and develop our existing Chanctonbury Youth Ministry in line with 2033.
- To continue to develop area-wide, cross-denominational links, particularly in relation to Spread the Fire with the potential for this to become a more regular gathering for young people across the region and diocese.
- To run an annual residential trip for our young people.
- To further develop the vision for our annual youth festival in line with our 3-year and 10-year strategy.
- To build and strengthen links with our local schools and build on the work started over the last two years, where we have seen many young people come to know Jesus and become a part of our Church family.
- To oversee the one-to-one mentoring and leadership development of young people.
- To develop the current youth outreach strategy in cooperation with the Head of Community Outreach.
- To develop and train a team of volunteers to lead effective youth work in the church and the wider community.
- To be an active staff member over our Easter and Christmas services, and to take part in other aspects of church life and ministry as requested from time to time.
- To liaise with the church Safeguarding Officer in ensuring that the safeguarding of young people is carried out in line with our church’s Child Protection Policy Statement.
Chanctonbury Church is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.