Bellevue Chapel, Edinburgh
Job Title: Community Pastor
Location: Based at Bellevue Chapel, Edinburgh
Benefits: Competitive salary dependent on experience and pension contributions.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus 5 bank holidays.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
Contract length: Permanent with 6 month probationary period.
The role will be on a full-time basis. The final Job Description will be dependent on the giftings of the successful candidate.
The role will include:
Engaging and Evangelising
- Lead the church’s evangelism strategy, working closely with the Senior Pastor, staff team and church leaders.
- Engage in personal evangelism in the community.
- Make connections, develop opportunities and progress ambitions to reach the community for Christ.
Equipping and mobilising
- Teach and train the broader church in personal evangelism.
- Work as part of a team to take advantage of opportunities presented.
- Inspire a ‘mission mindedness’ within the church.
- Actively serve as part of Bellevue Chapel as called by God.
- Be a key part of the staff team, working together, serving each other as together we serve God.
General Staff Member expectations
- Be a fully engaged member of Bellevue Chapel, including attending church services and being a role model to those looking on.
- Be part of the staff team, attending and benefitting from staff meetings and fellowship.
- Report on a regular basis to the Senior Pastor and Elders.
It is essential that any candidate;
- Is a committed Christian.
- Is seeking to grow as a disciple of Christ and committed to living according to God’s word in prayerful dependence on Him.
- Has a passion for mission and for reaching non-Christians.
- Is eager to equip others to evangelise and has experience of doing so.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Can work well in a team.
- Is able to build new relationships and develop opportunities.
- Is willing and able to work in a team ministry environment as well as having the motivation and initiative to work independently where appropriate.
- Is in agreement with the core beliefs of Bellevue Chapel.
It is desirable that any candidate;
- Has undergone formal theological training.
- Has experience in an evangelism focussed role.
- Has experience of working successfully as part of a team.
The nature of this role means that there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian. We would also expect the candidate to become a member of Bellevue Chapel. Any applicant must be able to demonstrate a right of residence and a right to work full time in the UK.
How to Apply
CVs or expressions of interest are to be sent to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!