Baglan Community Church
Baglan Community Church is an established evangelical church (affiliated to the FIEC) in Port Talbot, South Wales, an area with a wonderful coastline and some beautiful rolling hills. We seek to be unchanging on the gospel but always changing and relevant with regard to culture.
Position: Assistant Pastor. This is a full time, salaried position with contracted course 37.5 per week. There is an understanding that the role will inevitably comprise of some voluntary hours by its very nature.
Start Date: Sept 2022
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Must have demonstrated preaching and teaching gifts.
- Must be a good organiser.
- Must have a passion for souls.
- Must be able to reach and connect with people.
- Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Must be positive, patient, friendly, with a professional/pastoral attitude and demeanour.
- Must be a self-starter, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand and efficient to follow-through.
- Bible college training/theology qualification.
- Strong team builder and recruiter.
- Support the Pastor in planning and implementing the evangelistic vision and spiritual growth of members.
- Help with Sunday Service Planning - particularly in helping people to prepare and share their testimonies and involving the young people.
- Oversee some of the ministries and events.
- Meet church members to encourage involvement in mission, ministry and house groups.
- Provide Biblical counselling, prayer and ministry to people as needed, and as directed by
- the Pastor.
- Lead a house group / discipleship group
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, house groups, and church events.
- Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, and giving.
- Share the visitation responsibility of visiting those who are sick or in the hospital as
- requested by the Pastor and under your own initiative.
- Any additional duties as required by the Pastor.
Salary - £23000 with annual reviews.
Employers contribution to pension with Nest.
For those interested, please provide the following:
- CV (including details of church involvement to date) with at least 3 Church/College references
- Explanation of your suitability for the role and how you believe you would fit in with us at BCC
- Short testimony of how you were converted.
- Statement of beliefs.
- A few sentences on ‘How I would explain the gospel to someone who has never heard it before?’
- Link to sermon audio/video for us to listen to
How to contact us:
Email: email@example.com or phone the Pastor, Neil, on 07827574206 for more information.