Assistant Maintenance Manager
We are looking for a hands-on practical person with previous experience in maintenance to work alongside our Maintenance Manager. You will be part of a team ensuring our Centre at Nethy Bridge and its grounds are kept in good working order, safe and ready for welcoming guests.
The role – key tasks
- Carry out maintenance as required on buildings and essential services.
- Servicing the grounds of the estate as they require it and working alongside the Maintenance Manager to upgrade and refurbish onsite buildings
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in their role, including out of hours emergency tasks.
- To assist with the maintenance schedule of Centre minibuses and other vehicles and trailers
- Have a general awareness and anticipation of potential maintenance jobs in order to act on them in good time.
- Assist in the operation of the swimming pool plant and keep accurate records.
- Ensure the Maintenance Shed, vehicles and buildings are kept tidy and that equipment is stored safely and correctly, responsibly caring for tools issued for personal or general use.
- Deputise for the Maintenance Manager when necessary.
What experiences and qualities are we looking for?
- Practical skills in facilities management
- Training and/or qualification in at least one trade (eg, plumbing, electrics, mechanics)
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to respond to a range of different work situations
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence, ideally with D1+E entitlement (minibus and trailer)
Good to know
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
- Living and working as part of a Christian community in a beautiful rural location
- Accommodation in a shared house and full-board provided (if required)
- Monthly salary
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, increases with length of service)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment and climbing wall
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of local churches and Christian youth work
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a fantastic outdoor area with the Cairngorms, River Spey and Moray Coast all within easy reach
Please prayerfully consider whether this role may be right for you. For an informal chat about the role please contact Ali Dreyer, Centre Director, on 01479 821279 during office hours. If you feel you are the person we are looking for, please complete the on-line application form.