Who should apply?
An exciting opportunity has come up to work with the CEO of Abernethy. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role or as a Personal Assistant and anticipate the upcoming deadlines, needs and responsibilities of the CEO. The ideal candidate must be highly organized and work efficiently with their time while understanding the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
This role would suit a motivated and pro-active Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant with a 'can-do' approach.
What are the key roles of the Executive Assistant?
- Plan, develop and implement CEO events, projects and meetings.
- Arrange appointments, manage diaries and travel arrangements when required.
- Assist the CEO in updating and distributing policies.
- Issue board paper to trustees when required.
- Organise and set the date for centre management audits and distribute notes.
- Support the CEO and planning team in annually delivering The Abernethy Gathering.
- To be involved with the local church
The ideal Executive Assistant will:
- Have experience as a 1-to-1 Executive Assistant / PA
- Be confident and professional at all times
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- Possess strong organisational, prioritising and deadline management skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to attend meetings to take minutes
- Anticipate and identify potential problems and provide solutions
- Have experience in one of the following: HR, Recruitment or Marketing Self-motivated, discreet, with a high level of initiative and good attention to detail
- Be a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Have high Proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Have strong interpersonal skills
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Business correspondence and reporting
- Email management, correspondence
- Arranging internal and external meetings
- Liaising with clients
- Coordinating company events
- Producing presentations and reports for meetings
- Supporting the HR cycle (salary review, end of year performance)
- Monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided, if required
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment.
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian community in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Very favourable rates for family on most Abernethy holidays and camps
- Participation in our annual Team Gathering
- Easy access to the local area including the Cairngorm mountains, river Spey and the Moray coast – a fantastic outdoor playground!
Good to know
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
If you feel you are the person we are looking for, please complete an application form. For further information call 01479 818 005.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment